Close this search box.


These FAQs, Frequently Asked Questions, are common inquiries of The Disaster Reconstruction Authority (DRA) to the general public.

Frequently Asked Questions

Here are a few Frequently Asked Questions from the Authority. You should be able to find your answers here or just drop a question.

What is the DRA?

At the DRA, we rebuild one community at a time while working as a team focused on rapid recovery and reconstruction while improving the lives of our people. It is in our structure and mandate to provide long-term focus on a disaster zone and rapid funding for the disaster zone.

How Many Office Does The DRA Have?

The DRA has three (3) offices: 

  1. Sir Cecil Wallace Whitfield Centre, Cable Beach, Nassau.
  2. Star General Insurance Building, 2B East Mall Drive, Freeport, Grand Bahama.
  3. Government Complex, Don Mckay Boulevard, Marsh Harbour, Abaco.
How Can I Contact You?

The DRA has three (3) offices: 

  1. Nassau, Bahamas: Tel: 242-702-5500.
  2. Freeport, Grand Bahama: Tel: 242-351-4902/4903.
  3. Marsh Harbour, Abaco: Tel: 242-699-1450/1451.
What is a disaster zone?

A Disaster Zone is an area that the Prime Minister, in consultation with the Minister responsible, deems to be whether it may be a natural disaster or a man-made disaster.

Will you assist in completely rebuilding?

No, the DRA does not completely rebuild homes. We WILL assist homeowners who require such services by directing them to contractors and funding.

Have A Questions?

FAQs v1

Frequently Asked Questions: HARP

Here are a few Frequently Asked Questions about our new HARP initiative. If you can't find your answer here, you can fill out the form above.

What is HARP?

HARP stands for Homeowner Assistance and Relief Program. It is a programme to supersede the Small Home Repair Programme (SHRP) to assist persons in need of assistance more effectively.

How to apply for HARP?

To apply for assistance, you can apply by contacting our offices by phone and email or follow this link here to apply online.

Who is eligible for HARP?

To be eligible for HARP, you have to: provide proof of home ownership, prove that you were living in the home at the time of the disaster event, have no homeowner’s insurance, and provide proof of Bahamian citizenship or legal residency.

What will the HARP fix?

HARP was designed to assist with residents’ roofing, plumbing, doors, windows, and electrical infrastructure.


The information contained on this website is for general information purposes only. The DRA website, a property of The Disaster Reconstruction Authority, provides the information. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.